December 5, 2011

A Sad Day For My Coffee; The Day My Keurig Started To Die

This ladies and gentlemen you have seen before. My second lover that my boyfriend and I share with our guests all the time. I received this last year for Christmas as a gift for us moving. It is the Mr. Coffee Brewing System-KG1 brewer. The cost has stayed amazingly low for this machine, ringing in at $79.95.  I opened it early and started to use it right away. Setup was easy, take out of box, plug in, DONE!

I think I drank 5 cups of coffee that first day. I went through the sample pack of coffee in less than a week, luckily my mom had bought me additional K-Cups so I had plenty! I couldn't believe that I could really have a cup of coffee brewed for me in 90 seconds. Yeah Ashleigh, BELIEVE IT!

Well in all the love I have for this machine, it has made me cry for the last week. I have started to have trouble  opening the part that contains the K-Cup. I wasn't understanding what was happening but it has started to tighten itself, I don't know why. It has become increasingly difficult for me to open it and try to brew coffee. I realize that I must accept fate and that I need a new machine.

I would love to try the Platinum Brew System. It offers more cup sizes, which is something that my boyfriend and I have been complaining about lately.

Look at that beauty! It comes in three different colors and whispers I love you. Okay the last part I added but it looks like it would!

Then again I would even settle for the Elite Brewing System. It only offers two cup sizes, but that's better than what we were getting with Mr. Coffee, because sometimes we just want a larger drink.

If you are in need of a great holiday gift I highly recommend ANY Keurig brewer. You can always buy K-Cups from their website, if you buy a brewer I also suggest getting the My K-cup. This allows you to make your bagged or beaned coffee yourself. I spend over $50 each month on coffee, mostly K-Cups. I am not ashamed to admit that I LOVE my coffee. I buy the coffee to review for you and this machine is my namesake for the blog! I don't know what I am going to do because I cannot afford a new machine. Tonight I will wish upon a star that something will happen so I can continue to provide my coffee reviews and wake up each morning. Hopefully I will have a new machine to review for you!

2 comments: